Sunday 22 February 2015

KWAW KESSE SPEAKS ON PRISON LIFE

Not long ago, the Madtime hip pop star Emmanuel Botchway known publicly as Kwaw Kesse was arrested in the Ashanti region of Ghana for allegedly possessing illicit drugs. The substance which was later confirmed to be Indian hemp led to the indefinite detention of Kwaw at the Kumasi central prison.

Recounting his experience at the jail house, Kwaw on Peace FM entertainment review show admitted that, life in jail was a hell of a time. In the interview the hip pop rapper said " It was hard for me to believe that I was going to be detained for more than one day. I thought it was going to be an easy escape at the beginning". He explained that, he was shocked to see the sub-human conditions that inmates were going through, and that he couldn`t imagine himself staying there for almost one month.

According to Kwaw Kesse, his cell leader was a generous person as well as his fellow inmates who recognized him as soon as he was thrown in the dungeons. "My cell leader announced to all inmates that it was me who has come, so nobody should make any stupid attempts on me. And I found it very relieving. We sometimes watch Tv and listen to radio in cells, and I could hear several ignorant media folks saying all sorts of things about me which had no merit". 

Kwaw Kesse told the host of Peace FM entertainment review show that, " At a point in time, I felt at home. I realized that these inmates are also humans, we talked about our experiences and we shared a lot of funny stories. But I missed my job and all the heat I may have enjoyed during the Christmas season. I regretted ever being in such a situation, yet I am thankful for what I learned from that".

He also thanked his fellow musicians and stars like Sarkodie, Ayigbe Edem, Hammer, Afia Schwarzeneger and other celebrities who showed love by paying him a visit at the prison. " I was really happy to see my friends from the industry, and I knew I was going to be granted bail soon".

In his final remarks, Kwaw Kesse thanked all his fellow inmates especially the Muslims who always prayed to Allah for his timely bail.

No comments:

Post a Comment